I haven't been doing much blogging lately. This is partly due to a facebook addiction which I am working on. :) But it is also partly due to a heaviness of heart I have been experiencing lately. I am in the thick of grieving over my son's autism. He turns 4 this weekend and it's been over a year since his diagnosis. I should be overcoming this and getting stronger and yet I am scared and angry and heartbroken. Sometimes I feel worse about the situation than I ever have and yet I feel I have no right to be so. Others suffer so much more deeply. I have this beautiful little boy in my life who is a privilege to know and love. He is physically healthy and almost always happy. I watched this video (see link below) today and received great comfort from it. I know the Lord is mindful of me and my family. He does not give us anything we cannot bear and with all our challenges we have the comfort of knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ knows perfectly what we are feeling and how to lift and help us. He can lift our burdens.
Lifting Burdens
Cold Truths & Warm Fuzzies
12 years ago




5 comments:
You guys are a fantastic example of strength. Keep your head up and when you get discouraged just remember that's part of life. That's why we have friends, family, and the Lord to help us get through those times (not necessarily in that order).
I love you so much Megs. I wish we lived closer together and I could give you a HUGE hug!
I'm glad you have such a loving and supportive family to help you cope--from what I can see, you're doing a great job with your boy. He is blessed to have the parents and family he does. I'm sure you will help him reach his full potential, which is what we all want for the children we love. Hang in there!
I'm thinking of you. You guys are the best
We love you and your sweet family, you are constantly in our prayers and I love that video you posted. it is so true! Can't wait to see you at Christmas!
Post a Comment