Sunday, March 20, 2011

New Blog Name

So I was thinking that maybe I should change the name of my blog. "Peterson Publishes Posts!" is not really accurate. "Peterson Never Publishes Posts" or "Peterson Rarely Publishes Blog Posts" might be more appropriate. But I'm going to keep trying.

I haven't blogged much about Hawaii because I think it's kind of painful. I just end up feeling disgruntled about my life. Too bad we can't be on vacation all the time. Plus I didn't take very many pictures. I was too busy enjoying myself.

Here are some pictures of the kids and I the first full day we spent in Hawaii. Still being on NY time we woke up nice and early and went to the beach right outside our hotel. The sand was cool in the shade but the air was warm and soft like it always seems to be in Hawaii. Jane wasn't sure how she felt about the sand at first.

 

But she quickly got the hang of things.

 

Here's a little sand castle I built. I'm quite proud of it actually and it was so much fun to build. Sand is so much fun to play in. I'm glad my kids came to appreciate it.

 

Here are the kids and I digging a big hole for the ocean to fill up. My dad used to always dig giant holes for us at the beach when we were kids. He would even try to carve out steps so we could climb down in the hole. Then a big wave would come and fill up the hole and we'd have our own little pool. I found out how much work it is to dig even a small hole. Kind of tiring. But my dad always dug those special holes for us and it's one of my special memories.

Unfortunately, when the water came rushing into our hole the kids were terrified and it took several days before I could coax them back into one of my "pools." Luckily they warmed up to the idea and they even joined in the digging. Whew. I'm always glad when I can pass on something special to my kids that someone did with me when I was little.

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

mhhigbees said...

That looks like so much fun. I loved the holes dad used to dig when we were kids. Josh and Jane look so cute.

Anonymous said...

It is amazing that you do not put pictures of those cute things up everyday. They are so photogenic. They take after their uncle.

When are we gong back. Grandma has been invited to Greece this summer for a couple of weeks by one of my partners.

Uncle John